RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler is an injectable filler that works by immediately restoring facial volume to smooth out the signs of aging. Once injected, it works with your body to stimulate the production of your own natural collagen for results that may last a year or more in many patients. It is a non-surgical procedure utilizing a relatively small needle to inject the dermal filler deep into the dermis. Once administered, thin connective tissue, already present in your skin, forms around the injected calcium hydroxyl apatite microspheres. These microspheres not only act to provide volume at the site of the injection, but the microspheres also stimulate the collagen production process.
Why choose RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler?
- It is the only filler that immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen for long-lasting results
- It is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients
- It is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine to significantly reduce injection related pain
Because of multiple syringe sizes, RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler can treat a broad range of patients based on their individual needs. Just one syringe can provide full correction! During a consultation, our Medical Director/Injection Specialist will be able to determine what syringe size is best for you and provide you with a customized cost estimate.
Using a dermal filler like RADIESSE® is a safe and effective way to restore collagen and replenish volume.
How RADIESSE® Works
Collagen is what gives volume, flexibility and strength to healthy, young skin. As a part of the aging process, your own natural collagen breaks down, diminishing facial volume and elasticity. This loss of elasticity and volume results in wrinkles, facial lines and skin laxity ? all of which rob your skin of its youthful, fresh appearance.
Wrinkle reduction is achieved by replenishing your skin’s lost volume. Once injected, RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler does exactly as it says: it immediately fills or replenishes volume lost over time for a more refreshed looking you. RADIESSE® is unique in that it acts as a scaffold under the skin, providing structure and stimulating your own natural collagen to grow. Over time, your body absorbs the product and leaves behind only your own natural collagen for long-lasting results.
Where does it work?
The upper cheeks tend to lose volume as we age. We can use RADIESSE® to build up this area to bring more volume to the upper face, creating better balance with the lower face. Marionette lines are creases that run downward from the corners of your mouth that have a tendency to make you look like you are frowning even when you are not. Smile lines, also known as nasolabial folds, run from the outside of the nose down to the corners of your mouth. As you get older and your body decreases its production of collagen, these lines can get deeper and heavier, giving you an older, more worn out appearance. Oral commissures are intrinsically linked to marionette lines. As collagen production decreases with age, the volume of your lips depletes leading to deepening marionette lines. Pre-Jowl sulcus is the area located on either side of your chin. Volume loss associated with aging results in a hollowing of this area. Whenever you smile, the surrounding skin around your mouth sags to give your chin jowl formations. RADIESSE® is fully equipped to address these issues by doing more than just filling in these trouble areas. RADIESSE® injections also stimulate the natural production of collagen in your facial tissue making for longer lasting benefits.
What to Expect
- No anesthesia is required.
- Simplicity’s Advanced Nurse Practitioner makes injections containing small amounts of RADIESSE® directly into the areas needing volumization.
- RADIESSE® injectable is now FDA approved to be mixed with lidocaine, a common anesthetic used to improve the comfort of treatment.
- Simplicity’s Advanced Nurse Practitioner makes injections containing small amounts of RADIESSE® directly into the areas needing added volume.
- You may have a few red spots for about an hour.
- As soon as the treatment is finished, you can reapply make up and get on with your day.
- Minimal recovery or downtime? and instant results!
So you can make an appointment to stop by our medical spa for treatment on the way home from work or the gym, or even while the kids are at soccer practice and get right back to your daily routine.