With the advancements in aesthetic technology, people are always looking to enhance their beauty by addressing the skin issue. The use of PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) in aesthetic and anti-aging treatments across the USA has become highly popular for addressing the fine lines, wrinkles, skin tones, and fade the scars to aid in overall skin rejuvenation. Procedures such as the Vampire Facelift and the Vampire Facial have been highly prevalent among individuals who want to relish a more youthful appearance.
What is PRP?
PRP is the driving force behind Vampire Facelift and the Vampire Facial. PRP is derived by spinning down the blood in a centrifuge to separate the red blood cells from the PRP. This takes ten minutes. The blood draw and PRP are from the same person who undergoes treatment. PRP contains specific growth factors that contribute to rejuvenating skin and cells that may activate dormant stem cells. This is employed in Vampire Facelift and the Vampire Facial procedures effectively.
Benefits of PRP in Vampire Facials & Vampire Facelifts:
- Enhances the skin tone and texture
- Encourages the growth of new skin tissues
- Develops attractive volume in the cheeks to negate volume loss issues.
- Evens the wrinkles and fine lines under the eyes and around the lips
- Fades out damage from the sun
- Dulls out the dark circles
- Improves saggy skin problems.
What is a Vampire Facelift?
- Vampire facelift combines the PRP and hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane Lyft, Versa or Juvéderm). It begins with the injection of these fillers in the target areas. Then the PRP extracted is injected into the same region. It is done with a focus to activate the growth factor immediately after the injection.
- Multiple regions of the face like the cheeks, forehead, under the eyes, are the treatment regions. This treatment of PRP-FM (fibrin matrix) and filler combination is best for patients with overall volume loss in the face that is caused due to aging and weight loss. As fillers will reach deeper layers of the skin and enhance the volume, PRP will release the growth factors after some days from the procedure. This will stimulate the overall rejuvenation process by encouraging collagen production at many profound levels of the dermis.
- Even with the injection of two substances like fillers and PRP are injected one after another, this procedure will not give any aggravated feel. There will be some minor redness and swelling that will be minimal that will fade off in a couple of days. Next, there will be the appearance of actual results with improvement in skin appearance and volume for around 2-3 months. Results will last for around a year and require repetitive treatments to maintain the benefits.
What is a Vampire Facial?
- The manner of PRP usage is the main difference in how the procedure is performed. In vampire facial, micro-needling is employed to develop multiple micro lesions of various depths on the skin. When PRP is put over the micro-needle regions, it goes deeper into the skin and promotes the healing mechanism. This is possible due to the larger presence of growth factors in the skin.
- This procedure is best for persons who have a skin base that is not brutally damaged. It is ideally suited for people who want a natural appearance and enhancement of i9n skin texture. The skin will look reddish immediately after the treatment. Hence, the pre and post pictures of the treatment show the red face of the patient. It is highly dependent on the type of PRP kit used by the experts relying on the particular skin type and desired results.
- But it is only the look that is frightened as it only stays for a couple of days and fades off on its own. The skin rejuvenation starts immediately with the disappearance of skin redness, itching, and swelling. Skin specialists may suggest going for regular touch-ups to sustain the effects of the procedure.
What is the Difference Between a Vampire Facelift and a Vampire Facial?
- Vampire facelift combines the PRP and hyaluronic acid fillers along with the use of micro-needling techniques. It focuses on restoring the lost volume in the target regions. This procedure is best suited for individuals who want to treat overall volume loss while adding a youthful appearance to their cheeks. This filler will lift the skin and add volume by stimulating the growth of new collagen in the skin.
- A vampire facial will not use of any dermal fillers along with PRP as done with the facelift. Vampire facial focuses more on giving natural-looking skin to the individual by only helping in the growth of collagen in the target region. This treatment highly relies on the micro-needling technique to reach PRP in the underlying layers. Micro-needling can be varied for different speeds and depths depending on the requirement. Once it is done, PRP will be gently applied to the region. This treatment is ideal for people who need overall skin smoothness along with fading of skin scars, brown spots, or fine lines.
What Are the Side Effects?
PRP injection has very minimal side effects such as slight irritation, swelling, bruising, swelling at the treatment region. Even when it is used together with micro-needling, there is no enhancement of these issues which fades off in a few days. As the body uses its natural healing ability, people will observe significant improvement in skin appearance without any dramatic look. As PRP is a substance that is naturally present in everyone’s bodies, it is the driving force in the transformation without adverse effects.
People taking this type of treatment can go back to their routine tasks immediately but they are generally advised to take rest for 1 day before going back. It is necessary for repetitive treatments to maintain the results.
For all the advanced aesthetic procedures, contact Debra at Simplicity MedSpa. With over 30 years of experience in advanced practice, she will help guide you to accurate procedures and give natural-looking results.